language teaching

Improve Your English

English in House offers classes fine-tuned to each student's needs. Typically classes are one-to-one or in small groups.

English in House is run by Rod Murdison, who has been a teacher for more than 20 years, he has a CELTA (Cambridge certificate in English language teaching) a Masters degree in Linguistics and numerous business/finance qualifications.

What I Do Teach English

English in House allows you to improve your English successfully via intensive training. You will quickly see an improvement in your understanding and use of English.

I specialize in enhancing the English of adult foreign nationals, from 18 to 80 and occasionally mature teenagers.

I focus on improving the English proficiency of individuals at intermediate and advanced levels, excluding beginners or those at elementary levels.

My teaching approach involves one-on-one sessions, as well as couples and small groups, typically with a maximum of 5 participants. (For example, I often work with au pairs who are all from the same country).

read more

Additional Services

Why Choose Me

I’ve been teaching for 20 years. I’m highly qualified and I don’t solely have a typical teachers’ qualifications I have a master’s degree in linguistics and various business qualifications. My lessons are fun and students really enjoy them. Students can have lessons in my house or online from wherever they are in the world.

It’s a bespoke service, in other words, there’s only one teacher – me! There are three stations within a few minutes’ walk of my house. Kent House from Victoria via Brixton, Clock House from Charing Cross via London Bridge, and Beckenham Road on the Croydon tram link from Wimbledon.


Qualified Teacher Learn English

Learn English from a Fully Qualified Teacher

I will tailor your lessons to address your exact needs. I don't believe in a one size fits all curriculum. You only learn what you want to and at a speed you are comfortable with.

read more

Need Your Employees to be Fluent in English?

English in House can help. We offer specialist training for our commercial clients and in addition to the wide range of language qualifications I hold, I also have certificates in financial planning, mortgage advice and an HND in international business. This in depth business knowledge is particularly useful for helping your employees get to grips with the technical terms necessary to communicate with your English customers.

Qualified Teacher Learn English